Saturday, July 10, 2010

Triple Whammy Part Deux

So as I was saying the room was really creepy as was the staff. We had checked into the room at around 8pm on Saturday. The bed was about 3 feet too short for me. But at about this time I didn't really give a shit. In fact, I really couldn't remember too much as I had gone into cardiac arrest. When I came to, I found that they had started an IV in my left hand, with some additional tubing. The doctor was prescribing medication that was about P3k a pop. I think he had this idea that since my skin is white, I could afford anything they wanted to do with me.

I really wanted to get out of there, but didn't have the strength. For one of the first times in my life I felt that perhaps this was one thing that had me fucked. Blood test results had come back and together from what they saw in my Xrays, it was determined that I had Diabetes which in turn caused the Double Pneumonia, which in turn was fucking up my heart which had been fucked up to begin with.

Sunday I had cardiac arrest yet again and they did yet another chemical jump start.. They wanted to put me in ICU, but I wasn't having any of that. The doctor came in an talked to me for about 2 hours about my condition. He didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know.We were asked to sign 2 different waivers, and finally they cut us loose.

My stepson Jonathon and his wife Charry had sourced out a 25lb oxygen tank with regulator and mask. With that next to my bed, I was feeling a little safer. The next day, we went over to Doc Martinez. He explained exactly what was going on.We had to get rid of the fluid in my lungs to take pressure off the heart and get my blood oxygenated. He wrote out a bunch of new scripts for my Diabetes, Pneumonia (which included expectorants and antibiotics) and was told to keep taking my heart meds. I ended up filling about 4 medium shopping bags with phlegm. I was advised to have a bypass done, but I lack funding for that.

This diabetes thing gives me some really weird dreams. and I still have a lot of trouble breathing. All truth be told, I think I will be lucky if I make it to xmas!When you are really fucked, you get this feeling. You know that you are coming close to the end of the road. I feel that now. I am now out of Dormicum and Valium. I was hoping that if I dropped a domicum, I would croak while sleeping. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share